Mold Remediation and Removal

Mildew Busters Mold & Moisture Remediation Services

IMPORTANT: Mold removal should never be attempted by a homeowner and under no circumstances should household bleach EVER be applied to mildew or mold. It does not kill mold spores and simply makes them invisible by eliminating the pigment in them. More important, with certain types of mold, or areas where more than once mold is present, applying bleach may release a caustic and potentially dangerous gas that can burn your lungs or cause you to become unconscious. Mold is a serious toxin in some cases and should be treated as such.

Mildew Busters is one of the few mold remediation companies using trained technicians and state of the art equipment. Mildew Busters can remediate any size home or commercial building of mold.

If you discover mildew or mold issue in your home or business, Mildew Busters will provide a detailed estimate outlining the scope of work needed to remediate the mold in your home or commercial building. We will safely remediate the mold spores using an effective non toxic mildicide and then using a non toxic encapsulator insure that it never again is an issue in your building.

Visible mold most often is not the problem as mold thrives in dark, humid and undisturbed areas such as the backsides of walls. The source of moisture must be identified and removed as well, or mold will come right back and re-establish itself.

Mildew Busters guarantees all our work, and we will do everything necessary to make your home or commercial building safe for your family and employees. We will also put the same effort into insuring that the mold does not return.

Call us at 631-495-6826 for a free consultation.

Contact Us for a Free Estimate

What is Mold?

Mold is an aggressive living organism. There are thousands of species of mold, all of which become airborne if not treated where they can then spread to other areas of your home or building. Their only “food source” is excessive moisture. Many homes, especially near the water or built on low lying areas are perfect candidates for mold to grow. Additionally homes that have high moisture content in the air and which are left unattended for periods of time are particularly high risk candidates for mold growth.

Left unattended, mold releases spores into the air which then settle and propagate in other areas of the building making removal extremely difficult. Even with all of the visible mold removed, many spores remain in the air and settle to and begin to colonize or grow again. To avoid this from happening, we use reverse air systems that capture the airborne spores in special HEPA filters.

The reason why mold is so dangerous is because it emits waste products into the air called mycotoxins. Some mycotoxins can be relatively benign while others are poisonous and very serious side effects particularly on the elderly, children, pets and those individuals with compromised immune systems. Mold spores in high concentrations can also cause health risks and respiratory issues.

Children and the elderly are the most susceptible to the adverse affects of mold because their immune systems are generally weaker. Also people who are undergoing medical treatments such as Chemotherapy may react very negatively to the presence of mold. There are so many species of mold that being more specific is impossible. Each type of mold has different health risks so it is impossible to diagnose an issue by just knowing the symptoms alone. The bottom line is that you want to avoid exposure to mold.

Health Effects of Toxic Molds

Mold affects people differently and to different degrees so it is impossible to say what may happen to you if you are exposed to mold, even for a short time. Below are some of the most common adverse health effects from mold exposure from the EPA.

  • Respiratory problems—wheezing, difficulty in breathing
  • Nasal and sinus congestion
  • Eyes-burning, watery, reddened, blurry vision, light sensitivity
  • Dry, hacking cough
  • Sore throat
  • Nose and throat irritation
  • Shortness of breath and lung disease
  • Chronic fatigue
  • Skin irritation
  • Central nervous system problems (constant headaches, loss of memory, and mood changes)
  • Aches and pains
  • Fever
  • Headaches
  • Diarrhea
  • Immune suppression
Mildew Busters

Serving Suffolk County, Long Island, New York

631-495-6826

24 Hours a Day

Mildew Busters, Inc. - Excellent Customer ServiceHomeAdvisor Screened & Approved

Contact Us for a Free Estimate

Mildew Busters Inc.
PO Box 1073
Shelter Island Hts, NY  11965